April 24, 2017
Quote of the day:
"There is no greater intelligence than kindness and empathy.” ~Bryant McGill
- Fist Pump 4 Jesus is having a rally today in the Boys gym during both lunches. Come for fun, pizza, and a clear
message of why Fist Pump is about Jesus. All are welcome and we would love to see you there.
- Our last food sale day of the year is this Friday in Elm Grove! Bring some extra cash and help support our clubs!
- Attention freshmen: We are now looking for the next group of students to join the BHS Driller Service Academy family. If you like field trips, smaller classes and giving back to your community – you’ll love the Academy! Grab an application today from your counselor, or from the SAB – these spots will fill up quickly!
- The science field and outdoor basketball courts will be closed during 4th lunch this week due to trash being left on the ground. Throw your trash away properly!
- Prom is less than two weeks away folks! Don’t be late for a very important date as we present “Drillers in Wonderland” on Saturday, May 6th from 8-11pm at The Westchester Hall. Tickets are cash only! Be sure to get your guest approved in advance if bringing someone from another school. Guest approval cards are in the SAB. Tickets will be on sale in the finance office for $50 each and you must have your ID card to purchase. Ticket prices go up to $60 each from May 1st-5th.
- BC Registration Workshop for Seniors that are struggling with the Registration Process. Open door for assistance in Spindt Lab during periods 3-7th periods. Today ONLY!
- Attention Seniors who have registered for classes at Bakersfield College! There is a BC Open House this Friday, on April 28th. Senior students who have registered for classes at BC are invited to attend. Sign-ups and permission slips are available with Pennie Sanchez in the Career Center. Don’t miss this! Sign up today!
- Relay for Life is in 2 weeks so make sure you turn in those fundraising dollars so you don’t miss out on the fun! Turn in your donations ASAP and do your part to support the #1 Relay for Life event in the World!! If you have any questions, need fundraising ideas, or need paperwork, see Mr. Ripepi in SCI 201. Let’s Celebrate, Remember, Fightback!
- Yearbooks are on sale now in the finance office! There are only a limited number of books available! Get yours today for $90 in the finance office. Yearbook distribution day is May 25th. Don’t miss out!
- Calling all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders! Class elections are this Friday! Vote for your favorite candidates during lunch in Elm Grove.
- Fall 2017 Sports packets are available in the SAB for pick up. Free physicals will be held on May 20 at Sagebrush Medical 1111 Columbus St. Bakersfield, CA. 93305. All students participating in a summer sport conditioning or program through BHS are required to have a packet with a physical on file beginning June 5, 2017.
- Attention Juniors only—if you would like to be a flower girl or graduation attendant at this year’s graduation on June 2nd, pick up an application in the SAB. You must have at least a 2.5 to apply. Only a limited number of spots are available. Applications are due back in the SAB by May 5th.
- This Friday and Saturday nights will be the Prism Performance Ensemble in the Auditorium, at 7:00. If you don't know what prism is, ask a friend about the coolest band performance you'll see all year!
- Kpop club will meet in Sci205 room this Thursday, after school. We will be discussing volunteer opportunities.
- Seniors—If you are interested in speaking at Baccalaureate, speech auditions will take place next Wednesday, April 26th during 6th and 7th periods in WH 216. Please see Ms. Lovan in the SAB to sign up for an interview time.
- Seniors—caps and gowns will be distributed Thursday, April 27th during 5th lunch only in the SAB. If you have ROC in the afternoon, please pick yours up before you leave for ROC. If you have not yet ordered a cap & gown, you must go to the Herff Jones office to order ASAP.
- Calling all sophomores and juniors!! Link Crew is recruiting new link crew leaders for next year! If you want to help our incoming freshmen class and get more involved on campus, please come to the informational meeting Wednesday, April 26th during 4th or 5th lunch in the SAB. Applications will be handed out and are due back by May 5th.
- All Seniors will need to download the REMIND APP on their phone. Come by the Career Center for flyer!
- PG&E Employee Resource Group is offering scholarships for qualifying students. Pick up a flyer in the career center.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarship is available for Asian or Pacific Islander students on campus. Must have 2.7-4.0 GPA to qualify. Pick up app in Career Center.
- All students interested in joining any of the military branches. Signup for the FASFA test and more information is available in the career center.
- Now is the time to purchase your yearbook! Yearbooks are $80 and can be purchased in the finance office or online at www.jostensyearbook.com. Pre-order your yearbook now and avoid the long lines at the end of the year. Send us your pictures on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #bhsinthemaking and we’ll add your photos to the book!
- ACT and SAT fee waivers are now available in the Career center. See Mrs. Jaime with more information.
- Need help with math? We offer free after school tutoring every Tuesday and Thursday in IT 103 from 2:45-3:45. Need help with Spanish or French? We also offer free after school tutoring every Wednesday in IT 103 from 2:45-3:45.
- If you are interested in being assigned a locker please sign up on the clipboard by the flagpole. Locker numbers are very limited, and will be assigned as they become available.
Need a place to study? Want to print out your homework? Or do you need to fill out an application? The computer super lab is now OPEN and available before school, during 4th and 5th lunch…and even after school until 3:30 p.m. Stop by and check out the lab. Ms. Gomez is ready to help you with any of your computer needs!