May 30, 2017
Quote of the day:
"I choose to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes, not excuses; to be motivated, not manipulated; to be useful, not used; to excel, not compete. I choose self-esteem, not self-pity. I choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinions of others. I choose to be ME..” ~Anonymous
- Seniors—the Senior Breakfast & Hypnotist show will be held June 1st from 7:30-10:30am. Tickets are on sale in the finance office for $10. Breakfast will be catered by Hodels. If you want to get hypnotized, pick up a permission slip in the SAB.
- IKON is here! IKON is BHS’s annual literary magazine that takes the best art, photography, poetry, and prose from BHS students and compiles it into a single magazine. This AWARD WINNING magazine is 100 percent planned, designed, and produced by BHS students. IKON is available at the Finance Office for $10.
- Freshmen boys interested in playing basketball this summer - there will be a short meeting in WH 210 on today at lunch. See Coach Avis if you have any questions.
- Girls Golf Meeting during lunch: (4th and 5th lunch) today please come see Coach Maiocco in the girls locker room. Very Important!
- Please pick up Lifetouch school photos from your PE teacher, your history teacher or the SAB.
- Student Athletes if you missed Mondays Sports Awards please stop by the SAB on your break to pick up your certificates, pins and plaques
- IF YOU TOOK THE RECENT FREE SPORTS PHYSICAL PLEASE BRING A COPY TO THE SAB.
- Seniors—the Senior Sunset BBQ will be held Thursday, June 1st from 6:30-9pm in Elm Grove. Bring your yearbooks, your lawn chairs, blankets, or Frisbees and hang out with fellow seniors as the sun sets over BHS. Sign up in the SAB in advance to take advantage of free food from Uncle’s BBQ. If you don’t sign up in advance, the cost is $5 for food at the event.
- Fall 2017 Sports packets are available in the SAB for pick up. Free physicals will be held on May 13 at Sagebrush Medical 1111 Columbus St. Bakersfield, CA. 93305. All students participating in a summer sport conditioning or program through BHS are required to have a packet with a physical on file beginning June 5, 2017.
- All Seniors will need to download the REMIND APP on their phone. Come by the Career Center for flyer!
- PG&E Employee Resource Group is offering scholarships for qualifying students. Pick up a flyer in the career center.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarship is available for Asian or Pacific Islander students on campus. Must have 2.7-4.0 GPA to qualify. Pick up app in Career Center.
- All students interested in joining any of the military branches. Signup for the FASFA test and more information is available in the career center.
- Now is the time to purchase your yearbook! Yearbooks are $80 and can be purchased in the finance office or online at www.jostensyearbook.com. Pre-order your yearbook now and avoid the long lines at the end of the year. Send us your pictures on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #bhsinthemaking and we’ll add your photos to the book!
- ACT and SAT fee waivers are now available in the Career center. See Mrs. Jaime with more information.
- Need help with math? We offer free after school tutoring every Tuesday and Thursday in IT 103 from 2:45-3:45. Need help with Spanish or French? We also offer free after school tutoring every Wednesday in IT 103 from 2:45-3:45.
- If you are interested in being assigned a locker please sign up on the clipboard by the flagpole. Locker numbers are very limited, and will be assigned as they become available.
Need a place to study? Want to print out your homework? Or do you need to fill out an application? The computer super lab is now OPEN and available before school, during 4th and 5th lunch…and even after school until 3:30 p.m. Stop by and check out the lab. Ms. Gomez is ready to help you with any of your computer needs!