The Driller Way
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- I do my tasks in a timely manner.
- I always do my best.
- I am self-disciplined.
- I learn from my mistakes and persevere when things get difficult and/or challenging.
- I set goals and stay focused.
- I intentionally treat others with kindness and compassion with my words and actions.
- I follow laws, rules, and authority.
- I treat people fairly and acknowledge their rights.
- I accept cultural diversity as an opportunity for learning.
- I honor private and public property.
- I work to solve problems without violence.
- I treat those with whom I play for and against with dignity and honor.
- I look for good in others.
- I honor my commitments and promises.
- I am truthful.
- I take responsibility for my mistakes and try to make things right.
- I forgive others and ask for forgiveness.
- I win and lose with grace and class.
- I accept and seek new challenges in learning.
- I come to school prepared to learn.
- I proactively seek solutions for problems and challenges.
- I analyze and reflect upon what I've learned.
- I am open-minded and curious about new ideas.
- I appreciate my own and others' strengths.
- I am creative and inspire others.
- I take initiative and lead others in a positive way.
- I examine all options before making a decision.
- I take chances.
- I behave honestly and ethically.
- I communicate respectfully and effectively.
- I am calm and confident.
- I have an optimistic attitude.
- I put myself in others' shoes and seek commonalities in others.
- I understand and acknowledge the feelings of others.
- I seek to know more about my fellow students.
- I actively listen to others.
- I see potential in everyone.
- If I see something that is wrong, I have the courage to stand up for what is right.
- I take ownership for my actions, despite how I’m feeling.
- I return what I borrow.
- I am reliable and dependable.
- I use good judgment and consider the consequences of my actions.
- I recognize the importance of being on time and bringing the tools I need to be successful.
SO WHAT ARE THE DRILLER WAY TICKETS?
All BHS staff members have “Driller Way” tickets at their disposal. If you get caught doing something great or living the Driller Way, you can earn one of these tickets. Students can save their tickets as points and redeem them for cool prizes at lunch on Driller Way Fridays by the flagpole.
Click on the image below to enlarge and view our BHS Behavior Matrix for our school's PBIS program.