Announcements for Friday, February 15, 2019
EARLY OUT DATES:\
ACTIVITY / ATHLETICS DATES THIS WEEK:
- Seniors—the deadline to order your cap and gown at the current price is TODAY. You must order directly from Jostens by calling their local office.
- Seniors—the senior shirts and sweatshirts have arrived. If you ordered a senior shirt package, please stop by the SAB during lunch or after school to pick up your shirt.
- The first meeting EVER of the Aspiring Future Medical Professionals Club will be held Thursday, February 21st at 3 pm in Science 105. If you are interested in a career in the medical field, come join us to learn what we are all about! Food will be provided.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors—it is time to sign up for CSF based on your 2018 Fall semester grades. Please see Mr. Holliday in Ludden 201 for applications.
- Do you like field trips? Do you like to help out in the community? You should join Driller Service Academy. Academy Recruitment has begun. For more information see Mrs. Swift in WH110. Apply at drilleracademy.com
- Did you know that you can help out our school by sharing your food items from the cafeteria on our new share table? Let’s help cut down on food waste by offering your unopened and uneaten cafeteria food items to the new share table beginning this week. Go through the line and any items you don’t want, simply place on the share table for other kids to enjoy!
- Attention all Drillers! Have you noticed that you have received an invitation via your Kern High email to join the Bakersfield High Counseling Google classroom? Every student on campus has been invited. Please accept the invitation in order to receive all sorts of information on upcoming scholarship opportunities, test dates, college visits, and just about everything you need to know in the BHS counseling world. You won't regret it!
- Great news, Drillers! You can now submit requests to see your counselor electronically! Simply go to the BHS website and click on Counselors in the Counseling tab. The link to your counselor’s electronic form is under their name. Click, complete, and send! It’s as easy as that! We hope to eventually save some trees and do away with the paper forms.
- Yearbooks are on sale now for $85! Pre-order your copy of the 2018-19 yearbook in the finance office with your ID card or order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com. Prices will go up again after spring break.
- Do you ever find yourself sitting in class unprepared and in need of a writing utensil? Well, your worries are over. The library now carries supply vending machines with pencils, mechanical pencils, erasers, ballpoint/stylus pens, and gel pens. The cost ranges from $0.25 to $0.75. So, find some quarters and stop by the library to fulfill all your writing supply needs. Vending machines are located on the front counter.
- Cal-SOAP Rep Mrs. Layne is located in IT-103 for assistance with college applications, financial aid, or any questions or concerns with future goals.
All announcements are due by 1:00 pm the day prior to reading. To add your announcement, please click on the link below or visit the BHS webpage, click on the “About” tab, then click on “Bulletin Request”.