Announcements for October 16, 2019
- Who’s ready for Taco Tuesday? Join Girls Wrestling for their Taco Tuesday fundraising dinner next Tuesday, October 22nd in the cafeteria from 6-8pm. 3 tacos and drink are only $6.
- Attention all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students—if you missed picture day last spring or picture day in August, make up pictures will be offered next Wednesday, Oct. 23rd during 4th and 5th lunch periods in the Harvey Auditorium lobby. Please go during your lunch period if you still need a photo—this is your last opportunity to take your picture for the yearbook.
- Calling all Drillers! Our next food sale day is Wednesday, October 23rd during both lunch periods in Elm Grove. Bring some extra cash and enjoy all the yummy food that day!
- Juniors and Seniors—CSUB will be on campus during 5th lunch with an information booth on Monday, October 21st.
- Come join the Aspiring Future Medical Professionals every Thursday from 3 to 4 pm in Science 105 as we explore different medical careers, listen to guest speakers from the medical field and raise awareness for medical conditions on campus!
- If you are interested in joining the wrestling team see Mr. Lomas in IA-P1 or Mr. Varner in IT 203.
- AP Window is now open. All deposits are due by Oct. 25th to the finance office. If you want to know if you qualify for a waiver, please see Mrs. Olejnik in LH 101.
- October is Think Pink month for breast cancer awareness. Pink Drill Crew shirts are on sale now in the student store for $15 each. Get yours today and wear pink to the football game this Friday against Frontier!
- Junior and Senior Drillers!! UC Santa Barbara will be here October 31st during 1st period in the AV Theatre! Hurry and come sign up in the Career Center now!
- Calling all Football players—your football pictures are here! Please stop by the SAB before or after school or during passing periods to pick up your photos. Football pictures only.
- Spanish Language tutoring is now on Wednesdays in the Library from 3-4. French tutoring will still be on Thursdays in the library from 3-4.
- FCA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, will be meeting during both lunches every Tuesday. 4th lunch meet in the girl's gym, stair-side, facing the science building; 5th lunch meet on the north side of Harvey. We will have snacks, raffles for prizes, and a message. You do not want to miss it!
- Come volunteer by honoring the breast cancer survivors and those who have lost their breast cancer battle by tying a pink ribbon on one of 1,100 beautiful trees that guard the corridors and gardens in the oldest cemetery of Bakersfield. Head over to the Career Center for more information!
- Guitar Club will meet in Mr. Green's Room, Warren Hall 103, every Thursday, during both lunches. You may bring your own guitar or use one of the guitars already in the room.
- Drillers: We have some scholarships available right now, such as a Zombie Apocalypse Essay, Don’t Text and Drive Essay, Art Competition and more all with the award of some CAZASH for College! Come into the Career Center for more info!
- It is time to register for CSF--the state's oldest academic honorary society. If you believe that your Spring 2019 grades qualify you, please stop by Ludden 201 to get an application from Mr. Holliday.
- Attention all students! Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s office is currently accepting applications for their Fall Internship Program. Please stop by the Career Center or see your counselor to pick up an application.
- Buy your ASB sticker and get in free to ALL athletic events for the year! That’s right! For one low price of only $20 you can get in free with an ASB sticker to all sporting events at all Kern High schools. ASB stickers can be purchased in the finance office during lunch. Our first home football game is this week so get your sticker now and save money all year!
- Being a teenager is hard enough, let alone being a teen parent. Are you a teen parent? Going to be a teen parent? Do you know someone who is pregnant or already a teen parent? If you answered "yes", please contact Ms. Pacheco in the Dean's Office to find out about our "BABE" teen parent support group.
- A quick message from your devoted counselors! We are creating Google Counseling Classrooms for each grade level and plan to load you up with great information over the course of this year. Please check your Kern High email account for an invitation from us. You have to accept the invitation in order to start getting information. If you haven't received an invitation yet, you will!
- Good news! The electronic version of the request to see counselor forms are available again. This is the BEST way to get a request in to see your counselor if you aren't in immediate personal crisis. The forms can be found on the BHS website under the "Counseling" tab. Just click on "Counselors," look for your assigned counselor, and fill out the electronic form link that is under their name. The forms go immediately to your counselor's email and they will call you in as soon as possible.
- Boys Basketball! Any freshman boys interested in playing basketball need to go introduce themselves to Mr. Green in WH103. Workouts will be Tuesdays after school with an hour in the small gym followed by an hour in the weight room. Schedule for Saturdays will be shared at the Tuesday workout.
- After School Tutoring has begun! Where? In the Library. What time? From 3-4pm. English and Math tutoring is available Monday through Thursday, Science is available on Tuesday and Thursday, and Foreign Language is available on Thursday. Beyond tutoring, the library will be open until 5pm Monday through Thursday - just so you have a space to do your work.
To add your announcement, please visit the BHS webpage, click on the “About” tab, then click on “Bulletin Request” OR click on the link below: