Announcements for November 14, 2019
- Seniors—senior shirt orders have arrived! If you ordered a senior shirt or sweatshirt, please pick them up in the SAB at lunch or after school.
- Seniors - BC will be on campus today and again on December 3rd enrolling students for next year with priority registration. Don't miss your opportunity to start your application process. You will get a call slip today if you signed up in the Career Center.
- Winter Formal is coming soon! Join us for “Arabian Nights” Winter Formal 2019 on Saturday, December 7th from 8-11pm at the Westchester Hall on F Street. Our one day only sale price of $40 tickets is TODAY during both lunch periods and after school by the flagpole. Tickets are cash only and you must have your student ID card. Approved guests are allowed from other schools. Stop by the SAB to pick up a guest approval form. And remember—Formal is open to all students, 9th through 12th grade, and you don’t have to go with a date! Go with a group of friends or on your own and have a great time! After this week, tickets will be on sale in the finance office for $50 each from Nov. 18th-22nd and $60 each from Dec. 2nd-5th.
- Are you looking for something to wear to formal? Come check out Driller Threads, our on campus discount clothing store, with gently used formal and prom attire for both boys and girls located on the first floor of Ludden Hall! Everything is $10 or less, cash only! Driller Threads will be open every day during both lunch periods.
- Join the Young Republicans club for our first lunch meetings today November 14th. Freshmen and sophomores meet 4th lunch in Ludden Hall 102 and Juniors and Seniors meet in WH 19 during 5th lunch
- Do you like the 90’s, dungeons and dragons, and awesome adventures? Then come see the Theater department in their fall production of “She Kills Monsters” this weekend! Shows will be held November 15th and 16th at 7:00pm in Harvey auditorium. This show is rated PG-13 and may not be appropriate for smaller children. Tickets are $10 each, see you there!
- Attention Juniors: Check it Out! Ford Dimensions Dream Builders is a student leadership program for achieving Junior students. They are hosting an information night Monday, December 9th at the Kern High School District - EOC Room. Stop by the Career Center for a flyer and learn about the application process. Requirements: Minimum Weighted GPA 3.8 and Involvement in Extra Curricular Activities. Make a difference in your community and become part of a legacy of achieving students.
- NOR is recruiting Coaches for 2020 Afterschool Basketball Program. Must be 16 or older and have reliable transportation. Stop in the College and Career Center in the Counseling office and look in our JOBS spinner for an application or go online to www.norfun.org.
- Attention all Drillers! Do you have superb artistic abilities?? Yes!? Well put those skills to good use and design a new t-shirt for our Driller Way campaign! Your t-shirt designs must contain the words “Driller Way,” be for only one side of a shirt, and should include our school colors. The winner will receive his/her design on a sweatshirt! All submissions must be turned into Mrs. Giannelli in Warren Hall 112 by next Friday, November 22.
- Get ready for Spring Sports--January will be here before you know it! You must create a sportsnet account and register online with a current physical. We have Baseball, Softball, Swim and Diving, Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Track and Field--Information is available in the SAB. Pre Conditioning begins January 2nd, Practice begins January 13th. You must be cleared on Sports Net Online to participate and have a 2.0 or better GPA.
- Beginning November 12th the Administration Parking Lot on G Street will be Staff Parking by Permit Only with the exception of the designated visitor and handicap parking spots. Staff, if you have not yet received your Staff Parking Sticker, please see Amber in the Admin Office by this Friday. All Students must park in either the north IA parking lot or the senior parking lot. Also, please be advised that red, no parking has been put in place on the excess curbing in the administration parking lot. Parking in a no parking area is prohibited.
- Fall Athletes: As your sport ends please see Mr. McDonald at the stadium to turn in equipment or uniforms if your coach is not in charge of collection. Debt Screens will be adjusted for anyone not turning in equipment or uniforms.
- Free Books - The library has free nonfiction books on a variety of topics. Come by the library on the second floor of Spindt Hall and look through the carts at the front entrance. Take the books home; they are yours to keep.
- Do you ever find yourself in need of a writing utensil? The library has vending machines on the front counter with pencils, mechanical pencils, erasers, gel pens, and stylus pens. There are also pencil and eraser vending machines in the front office next to the reception desk. The vending machines take quarters and you can ask the librarian for change.
- Buy your ASB sticker and get in free to ALL athletic events for the year! That’s right! For one low price of only $20 you can get in free with an ASB sticker to all sporting events at all Kern High schools. ASB stickers can be purchased in the finance office during lunch. Our first home football game is this week so get your sticker now and save money all year!
- Being a teenager is hard enough, let alone being a teen parent. Are you a teen parent? Going to be a teen parent? Do you know someone who is pregnant or already a teen parent? If you answered "yes", please contact Ms. Pacheco in the Dean's Office to find out about our "BABE" teen parent support group.
- A quick message from your devoted counselors! We are creating Google Counseling Classrooms for each grade level and plan to load you up with great information over the course of this year. Please check your Kern High email account for an invitation from us. You have to accept the invitation in order to start getting information. If you haven't received an invitation yet, you will!
- Good news! The electronic version of the request to see counselor forms are available again. This is the BEST way to get a request in to see your counselor if you aren't in immediate personal crisis. The forms can be found on the BHS website under the "Counseling" tab. Just click on "Counselors," look for your assigned counselor, and fill out the electronic form link that is under their name. The forms go immediately to your counselor's email and they will call you in as soon as possible.
- After School Tutoring has begun! Where? In the Library. What time? From 3-4pm. English and Math tutoring is available Monday through Thursday, Science is available on Tuesday and Thursday, Spanish language tutoring is now on Wednesdays, and French tutoring will be on Thursdays. Beyond tutoring, the library will be open until 5pm Monday through Thursday - just so you have a space to do your work.
To add your announcement, please visit the BHS webpage, click on the “About” tab, then click on “Bulletin Request”