Announcements for January 14, 2020
1/13—Activity Schedule, Staff Meeting in Little Harvey
1/17—Double 2nd period Rally Schedule
- Calling all talented students. The 19th Annual BHS Talent Show auditions are this Thursday, January 16th, 3-5pm in Little Harvey. Whether you Sing, Dance, Juggle, or something else, come and audition for a chance at a CA$H prize!
- Hey Drillers! Our Winter Rally and Pajama Day will be held this Friday, January 17th in the gym, double 2nd Wear your cozy winter pajamas, show your school spirit, and join in the fun with rally games, performances, and winter sports recognition.
- Seniors—Jostens will be on campus this Friday, January 17th during 5th lunch only to collect cap & gown orders. Bring your money and order form to the flagpole area during lunch. You can also order your cap & gown online at jostens.com or in person at the local Jostens office on 20th St. This is the last chance to order on campus! Cap & gown price goes up after February 15th. Order forms are in the SAB.
- Seniors—if you missed out on senior shirt and sweatshirts in the fall, we will be placing another order for the spring. Pick up a senior shirt order form in the SAB. Orders are due back to the finance office by this Friday, January 17th. This is the only order that will be placed for the spring semester.
- Track & field has started. Please be sure to be cleared with your physical on sports net. We will be meeting on the track after school, and if you have any questions contact Coach Orozco in the PE office.
- Students taking any AP tests: The final payment for your AP exam(s) is approaching. If you need to pay the remainder of your exam, it is due by February 7th in the finance office. If you are unsure about what you owe, please stop by and see Mrs. Olejnik in LH 101.
- Boys tennis will be starting on January 27th after school. Please be sure to be cleared on sports net with your physical by this date - otherwise you will be unable to participate. Contact Coach Maiocco in the PE office if you have any questions!
- Are you interested in playing OVERWATCH for BHS? We are now offering free Overwatch accounts at BHS. If you want to represent BHS in the new E-sport league in Kern County, then come join us in room IA 220 and sign up and be part of the largest E-sport program in the United States.
- Attention Seniors! Check with your Econ/Govt teacher to make sure we have your correct name on file for your diploma. If you need to make any changes, please see Ms. Madi in the Registrar’s office.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors...if you believe that your semester grades qualify you for CSF, please stop by Ludden 201 and see Mr. Holliday.
- Are you interested in competing in Los Angeles Brain Bee? Please come see Ms. Kim in Science 205 during 4th lunch or right after school.
- Attention all senior football players and water girls—your senior night pictures are here! Please stop by the SAB to pick them up.
- Do you still have a VHS player, well you are in luck. The library is getting rid of hundreds of VHS tapes. Stop by the library and take some videos home. They are located behind the picture books in row 1.
- If you missed the fall sports awards night on December 9th, please come by the SAB to pick up your certificates, pins, letters, and plaques. The SAB is open before school, at lunch or during passing periods, and after school.
- Get ready for Spring Sports--January will be here before you know it! You must create a sportsnet account and register online with a current physical. We have Baseball, Softball, Swim and Diving, Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Track and Field--Information is available in the SAB. Pre Conditioning begins January 2nd, Practice begins January 13th. You must be cleared on Sports Net Online to participate and have at least a 2.0 or better GPA.
- Beginning November 12th the Administration Parking Lot on G Street will be Staff Parking by Permit Only with the exception of the designated visitor and handicap parking spots. Staff, if you have not yet received your Staff Parking Sticker, please see Amber in the Admin Office by this Friday. All Students must park in either the north IA parking lot or the senior parking lot. Also, please be advised that red, no parking has been put in place on the excess curbing in the administration parking lot. Parking in a no parking area is prohibited.
- Free Books - The library has free nonfiction books on a variety of topics. Come by the library on the second floor of Spindt Hall and look through the carts at the front entrance. Take the books home; they are yours to keep.
- Do you ever find yourself in need of a writing utensil? The library has vending machines on the front counter with pencils, mechanical pencils, erasers, gel pens, and stylus pens. There are also pencil and eraser vending machines in the front office next to the reception desk. The vending machines take quarters and you can ask the librarian for change.
- Buy your ASB sticker and get in free to ALL athletic events for the year! That’s right! For one low price of only $20 you can get in free with an ASB sticker to all sporting events at all Kern High schools. ASB stickers can be purchased in the finance office during lunch. Our first home football game is this week so get your sticker now and save money all year!
- Being a teenager is hard enough, let alone being a teen parent. Are you a teen parent? Going to be a teen parent? Do you know someone who is pregnant or already a teen parent? If you answered "yes", please contact Ms. Pacheco in the Dean's Office to find out about our "BABE" teen parent support group.
- A quick message from your devoted counselors! We are creating Google Counseling Classrooms for each grade level and plan to load you up with great information over the course of this year. Please check your Kern High email account for an invitation from us. You have to accept the invitation in order to start getting information. If you haven't received an invitation yet, you will!
- Good news! The electronic version of the request to see counselor forms are available again. This is the BEST way to get a request in to see your counselor if you aren't in immediate personal crisis. The forms can be found on the BHS website under the "Counseling" tab. Just click on "Counselors," look for your assigned counselor, and fill out the electronic form link that is under their name. The forms go immediately to your counselor's email and they will call you in as soon as possible.
- After School Tutoring has begun! Where? In the Library. What time? From 3-4pm. English and Math tutoring is available Monday through Thursday, Science is available on Tuesday and Thursday, Spanish language tutoring is now on Wednesdays, and French tutoring will be on Thursdays. Beyond tutoring, the library will be open until 5pm Monday through Thursday - just so you have a space to do your work.
To add your announcement, please visit the BHS webpage, click on the “About” tab, then click on “Bulletin Request”