Announcements for Thursday, December 13, 2018
EARLY OUT DATES:\
ACTIVITY / ATHLETICS DATES THIS WEEK:
- Wear your Driller Team SWAAG shirts on FRIDAY.
- Seniors! you are invited to the "Financial Aid and Scholarship Night" Come and hear about all of the opportunities to help pay for college. We will have reps from BC and Kern Community Foundation on hand to share exciting
- THE FOLLOWING TEAMS CAN STOP BY THE SAB TO PICK UP THEIR DRILLER TEAM SWAAG SHIRTS:
VARSITY FOOTBALL,VARSITY, JV, and FS VOLLEYBALL,VARSITY/ JV CHEER,VARSITY GIRLS GOLF, VARSITY/ JV GIRLS TENNIS, and VARSITY/JV CROSS COUNTRY.
- A brief Interact Club meeting will take place today at 2:45 pm in Mrs. Rathburn's room Science 202 for all of the Got the Dot participants. Got the Dot presentations will be in the AV theatre tonight December 13 from 6-7 pm.
- Boys Tennis will be starting January 22, 2019. You must be cleared by this date. Our first scrimmage is Feb 6th so you can not be late getting out there. If you have any questions please see Coach Maiocco. Have a great Christmas Break and get those racquets going!
- BASEBALL! BASEBALL! BASEBALL! If you are interested in playing baseball, we are having a meeting Friday December 14th in Warren Hall 7 during 4th lunch.
- Are you looking for a creative outlet over winter break? Consider submitting your photos, poetry, drawings, or short stories to IKON, Bakersfield High School's art and literary magazine. Come by WH 116 to pick up a submission form. The first round of submissions will be due January 7th.
- If you missed Fall Sports Awards on Wednesday Dec. 4 please pick up your awards in the SAB.
- Good morning Bakersfield! The spring musical “Hairspray” is holding auditions after school on December 13th in Little Harvey. If you can sing, act or dance then come an audition for a wonderful experience. Audition information can be found on drillerdrama.com, in Auditorium 101, or by your drama club officers who will be wearing their blue jerseys every Wednesday. We hope to see you there!
- Calling ALL Drillers! The new Driller Threads formal shop is open! We have gently used formal and prom attire for both guys and girls including dresses, shoes, jewelry, dress pants, dress shirts, jackets, ties and more! Stop by the first floor of Ludden Hall during 4th or 5th lunch from Dec. 12th-13th. All items are $10 or less!
- Formal tickets are on sale now for $50 each in the finance office . Join us for Winter Formal 2018, "A Night in Neverland" on Saturday, December 15th from 8-11pm at the Westchester Hall. Tickets are cash only and can be purchased in the finance office before school, during lunch, or after school. If bringing a guest from another school, please pick up a guest approval card in the SAB.
- Do you ever find yourself sitting in class unprepared and in need of a writing utensil? Well, your worries are over. The library now carries supply vending machines with pencils, mechanical pencils, erasers, ballpoint/stylus pens, and gel pens. The cost ranges from $0.25 to $0.75. So, find some quarters and stop by the library to fulfill all your writing supply needs. Vending machines are located on the front counter.
- ACSA Region XI Scholarship applications for the 2018-2019 school year. To qualify for this scholarship at least one of the parents of the applying student must be an ACSA member.
- Cal-SOAP Rep Mrs. Layne is located in IT-103 for assistance with college applications, financial aid, or any questions or concerns with future goals.
- Great news, Drillers! You can now submit requests to see your counselor electronically! Simply go to the BHS website and click on Counselors in the Counseling tab. The link to your counselor’s electronic form is under their name. Click, complete, and send! It’s as easy as that! We hope to eventually save some trees and do away with the paper forms. The electronic version is not only environmentally friendly, but much quicker.
- Yearbooks are on sale now for $80! Pre-order your copy of the 2018-19 yearbook in the finance office with your ID card or online at www.jostensyearbooks.com.
All announcements are due by 12:30 pm the day prior to reading.