Announcements for Friday, April 12, 2019
EARLY OUT DATES:\
ACTIVITY / ATHLETICS DATES THIS WEEK:
- Seniors—If you pre-ordered your cap and gown prior to Feb. 15th and you missed distribution yesterday, you may pick up your cap and gown after school today in the SAB. Please have your ID card or synergy app ready.
- Relay for Life is coming soon! Come out and make a difference. Get your community service hours for your organization! See Mrs. Rathburn Smith in Science 202 for how to sign up or join the team online at main.acsevents.org/goto/BHSdrillers.
- Juniors and Seniors—if you would like to play or coach Iron Man volleyball stop by the SAB and pick up a permission slip. Iron Man permission slips are due back by Friday, April 26th. Iron Man volleyball practices start April 29th and the game is May 2nd.
- Seniors—mark your calendars! The new panoramic picture date is Monday, April 29th in the stadium during 7th If you want to be part of the panoramic picture, please make sure you are here 7th period that day.
- Seniors—If you are interested in giving a speech at Baccalaureate, auditions will be held Monday April 29th after school in WH 216. Pick up speech information in the SAB.
- Current Sophomores and Juniors—would you like to be a Link Crew leader next year? If so, stop by the SAB and pick up an application. Link Crew applications are due back to the SAB after spring break by Friday, April 26th.
- Attention all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students—Spring Picture Day will be held Thursday, April 25th all day in Harvey Auditorium. You will take pictures during your English class. These pictures will be used for ID purposes and for next year’s yearbook. If you would like to order a picture package, please visit mylifetouch.com.
- Join us for a “Carnival Bash”—Prom 2019—held Saturday, May 4th from 7-10pm at Stockdale Country Club. Tickets are currently $50 cash only and there are no refunds once purchased. Tickets may be purchased in the finance office before school, during lunch, or after school and you must have your BHS ID card. If you want to bring a guest from another school, pick up a guest approval paper in the SAB.
- Driller Threads, our new on campus clothing store, will be open during the month of April on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays! We have gently used prom dresses for sale—everything is $10 or less, cash only! Check out Driller Threads on the first floor of Ludden Hall just in time for prom!
- Team and individual photos are in for Girls and Boys Soccer. See Mrs. Chaidez in the SAB during passing periods.
- What is new in the library? Chromebooks, Chromebooks, and more Chromebooks. Students may check out and use a Chromebook in the library. Must provide your ID card in exchange for a Chromebook. What else is new in the library? Games, Games, and more Games. The library now has games for students to play before school and during lunch. Must provide your ID card in exchange for a game. We have Tic Tac Toe, Chess, GIANT Jenga, Checkers, Uno, Playing Cards, Farkle, and Dominoes. Come by and visit the library to either get some work done or have some fun.
- Attention all Drillers! Have you noticed that you have received an invitation via your Kern High email to join the Bakersfield High Counseling Google classroom? Every student on campus has been invited. Please accept the invitation in order to receive all sorts of information on upcoming scholarship opportunities, test dates, college visits, and just about everything you need to know in the BHS counseling world. You won't regret it!
- Great news, Drillers! You can now submit requests to see your counselor electronically! Simply go to the BHS website and click on Counselors in the Counseling tab. The link to your counselor’s electronic form is under their name. Click, complete, and send! It’s as easy as that! We hope to eventually save some trees and do away with the paper forms.
- Cal-SOAP Rep Mrs. Layne is located in IT-103 for assistance with college applications, financial aid, or any questions or concerns with future goals.
All announcements are due by 1:00 pm the day prior to reading. To add your announcement, please click on the link below or visit the BHS webpage, click on the “About” tab, then click on “Bulletin Request”.