2020 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY:
Bakersfield High School will host the Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 7:30pm on Griffith Field. Our ceremony will be livestreamed the night of the event. To watch the ceremony via livestream, use the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvC6y_ZO4qUnlQVQK6PptIQ
SENIORS--PLEASE CHECK THE GRAD ENTRANCE GATE LIST BELOW. THIS IS THE GATE YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER. GATES ARE COLOR CODED--BLUE, SILVER, AND WHITE.
"BLUE" ENTRANCE: This is the main stadium gate next to the ticket booth on the home side. This is called the Northwest gate, enter on Campus Way. Look for the BLUE star balloons.
"SILVER" ENTRANCE: This is the gate on the visitor's side of the stadium from the science field near the basketball courts. This is called the East Gate, enter from Campus Way. You will need to walk down the "alley" between the back side of Spindt Hall and the back side of the visitor's side bleachers. Look for the SILVER star balloons.
"WHITE" ENTRANCE: This is the southwest stadium entrance gate on California Ave. You have to enter from the California Ave side of the stadium. You may want to park along California Ave or possibly in the neighborhoods across the street. If so, please be safe and use the crosswalks. Look for the WHITE star balloons.
Please note: Parking at BHS is always an issue. Please plan accordingly. The gates will open at 6:30pm and will close at 7:30pm sharp to begin the cermony on time.
There are no tickets. Graduates and guests must enter the stadium together. Guests will not be allowed to enter without their graduate so please arrive at the same time or coordinate with each other so you can enter your assigned gate WITH your graduate.
Please plan to stay the entire time until the ceremony concludes. We want to be respectful to all graduates and their guests and allow everyone the opportunity to watch their senior cross the stage.
Per district policy, please note the following guidelines for attendance and participation in the 2020 Graduation Ceremony:
- Each graduating senior will only be able to bring TWO guests (this is firm--no exceptions, no matter the age of the guests). Both guests will sit next to the graduating senior on the football field and will need to enter together at the same time.
- If you have not picked up your cap and gown from Jostens (661-324-8529), please do so as quickly as possible! Only those wearing caps and gowns will be allowed to participate. Jostens is open Tues-Thurs from 3pm-6pm--located at 1612 20th Street downtown next to Dagny's Coffee Shop.
- Please DO NOT alter your caps and gowns in any way until after the ceremony (and only if you want to!).
- Masks will be required for both you and your guests to attend and participate in the ceremony. A BHS mask with logo will be provided to each graduate and a generic mask will be issued to each guest upon entering. Masks will need to remain on during the entire ceremony.
- There will be no rehearsal prior to the ceremony.
- Please review the following Ceremony Details and KHSD Guidelines posted below.
DIPLOMA & YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION:
If you missed the diploma and yearbook distribution on June 18th, you may pick up your items from June 22nd-July 10th, Monday-Friday, during summer office hours, 7:30am-1:30pm. Please park in the G Street parking lot and call the main office once you arrive on campus. 661-324-9841
*Please note: You must complete the senior check-out process BEFORE you can pick up your diploma. See below.
SENIOR CHECK OUT PROCESS:
In order to officially "check-out" and receive your diploma you must return all books, uniforms and equipment (if any), and all debts must be cleared. If your senior student still need to complete this process, you will need to call the main office at 661-324-9841.
CLICK ON THE DOCUMENT BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT SENIOR CHECK OUT PROCEDURES:
BHS Cap & Gown distribution took place on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Seniors and/or their parent/guardian may pick up their cap & gown order from the Jostens office located downtown at 1612 20th Street. Please call Jostens at 661-324-8529 first for store hours. We strongly encourage seniors to pick up their cap and gown order as soon as possible--a cap & gown will be required to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. For additional cap & gown questions, please contact Jostens directly.
GRAD NIGHT AND OTHER REFUNDS:
The Kern High School District office has processed and mailed Grad Night refund checks home to students. If you did not receive your refund check or if you have questions regarding other refunds needed, please call the district office at (661) 827-3100.
SENIOR PORTRAIT ORDERS & SPRING SPORTS PHOTO ORDERS:
Carlos Murillo, our senior photographer, has photo orders for spring sports as well as senior portraits that have not been picked up. If you ordered photos, please call him at 332-4170 and he will work out a plan to get you your photo orders.
SENIORS, WE LOVE YOU! WE SUPPORT YOU! GO DRILLERS!