CHECK OUT THE "SENIOR EVENT DATES"
POSTED TO THE RIGHT!
2020 GRADUATION CEREMONY:
Bakersfield High School will host the Class of 2020 Graduation Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 7:30pm on Griffith Field. Seniors--if you plan to attend and participate in the ceremony, please sign up using the Google Form posted in the Senior Counseling Google Classroom. The Senior Classroom code is: muqpk7s and you must be logged into your school Google account to join/sign up.
Per district policy, please note the following guidelines for attendance and participation in the 2020 Graduation Ceremony:
- Each graduating senior will only be able to bring TWO guests (this is firm--no exceptions, no matter the age of the guests). Both guests will sit next to the graduating senior on the football field.
- If you have not already purchased your cap and gown from Jostens (661-324-8529), please do so as quickly as possible! Only those wearing caps and gowns will be allowed to participate.
- Please DO NOT alter your caps and gowns in any way until after the ceremony (and only if you want to!).
- Masks will be required for both you and your guests to attend and participate in the ceremony. A BHS mask with logo will be provided to each graduate and a generic mask will be issued to each guest upon entering.
- There will be no graduation rehearsal prior to the ceremony.
- Additional details and information will be available soon!
DIPLOMA & YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION:
Diploma and yearbook distribution plans are being finalized and we will have a date and time for all of you soon! Seniors--you must complete the senior check-out process before you can pick up your diploma. Keep reading for more details!
SENIOR CHECK OUT PROCESS:
Senior check-out took place May 18th-June 2nd at Bakersfield High School from 8am-12pm. If your senior student missed their senior check-out date, you can still check out between 8am-12pm on Tuesday, June 9th. Seniors will not be able to pick up their diploma until they have completed the senior check out process.
CLICK ON THE DOCUMENT BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT SENIOR CHECK OUT PROCEDURES:
BHS Cap & Gown distribution took place on Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Seniors and/or their parent/guardian may pick up their cap & gown order from the Jostens office located downtown at 1612 20th Street. Please call Jostens at 661-324-8529 first for store hours. We strongly encourage seniors to pick up their cap and gown order as soon as possible--a cap & gown will be required to participate in the Graduation Ceremony. For additional cap & gown questions, please contact Jostens directly. At this time, Jostens is not issuing refunds for caps & gowns.
SENIOR YARD SIGNS:
Our PTSO Boosters club and many sponsors from our community have generously purchased senior yard signs for the Class of 2020. Senior yard signs were distributed during the cap and gown pick up at Jostens on April 29th. If you did not get a yard sign, you will be able to pick one up during diploma distribution. Details coming soon!
GRAD NIGHT AND OTHER REFUNDS:
The Kern High School District office has processed and mailed Grad Night refund checks home to students. If you did not receive your refund check or if you have questions regarding other refunds needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR PORTRAIT ORDERS & SPRING SPORTS PHOTO ORDERS:
Carlos Murillo, our senior photographer, has photo orders for spring sports as well as senior portraits that have not been picked up. If you ordered photos, please call him at 332-4170 and he will work out a plan to get you your photo orders.
SENIORS, WE LOVE YOU! WE SUPPORT YOU! HANG IN THERE!